Thursday, July 24, 2008

2008 Printz Honor Book


Repossessed by A.M. Jenkins

Shaun, is somewhat of a typical teenager. He is not that much into his looks, what people think about him, or even his education. However, he is about to encounter an ususual adventure. A fallen angel named Kiriel want sto experience what a human being is and so he enters Shaun's body. Kiriel faces typical teenage experiences and challenges and dilemnas. In an awkward turn-around of things, Kiriel is able to sort of change Shaun's teenage life around. He changes Shaun, making him a more improved person with a different lifestyle.

I did enjoy this book very much. It had its humor, which I am always up for, but it had a dark side that somehow you can connect with. As a teen I remember feeling what Shaun was experiencing. Being a fantasy novel, I think many young adults will be attracted to this book. I especially liked the cover art.

No comments: